Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My First Card!


I've been viewing and commenting on inkstamping blogs and forums for about six months now, and gradually building up a small supply of rubber and digi stamps, as well as a very basic set of Copics. I was finally inspired to complete my first card for the Greeting Farm relay. I have a long way to go in terms of learning how to color with Copics and building up supplies (I have no Cuttlebugs or Nestabilities or anything!), but it's still fun even at this early stage.

I recycle a lot, and I've been saving tissue boxes for use in cards and art trading cards. The blue swirly design here is from a tissue box. I cut a few wavy pieces to make a wave effect.




2 comments:

  1. Wow! For a first card, this is awesome! Who would have thought to use a tissue box for a background? Great idea! I am like you, I've been hovering over at Splitcoast Stampers for awhile, and have just started to dip my toes into doing cards. I just started acquiring Copics too! It's hard to do anything with them if you don't have multiple shades of the same color to work with. They are awesome though! I just got my second set for Joann.com for 50% off, otherwise, there is no way I could afford them!

    Thanks for the note on my FB page about Mo Manning taking requests. I'll give her a shout. I have a couple of her free digi designs that I colored with my limited supply of Copics in my Photos on my FB page. I'd love to know what you think!

    I'll be bookmarking your blog so I can get inspiration from you!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, congratulations on your new blog. What a great effect with that wave. I love that you repurposed the tissue box. I've been trying to use recycling in my cards also. This is a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete